Monday, 28 May 2007

Pentecost Service

It was Pentecost Day yesterday. Service was awesome! Worship was not long, only 2 songs one of it being the NZ National Anthem.

There was a sharing from a ex-Holden marketer (Holden is the biggest car company in Auckland, most government sectors use Holden). The testimony was how she quit her high pay job from Holden to become a student in order to wait for the next call from God. It was certainly encouraging. I could not imagine myself doing that! She really have faith in God. Looking at myself and my life, I will need to rely and have faith in God more.

Auckland Mayor Dick was with us. he is really tall! He gave a speech on how churches should be involved in politics to get the country driving to become a Christian country. NZ have gone astray these days.

Sermon was the best. It was how God have given us so much Hope! I know most of it but have never think in such a way Pastor Bruce delivers it. There was on particlaur guy name Thiam who was a 35 years pilot. During his frist 2 years, he faced a fatal accident as a co-pilot. When he was on a flight from HK to US, flying 500 miles from land, one of the engine failed. While his pilot says he was going to check on the passangers, he was left alone in the cockpit. I thought he was gonna pray for his life. But instead he pray for his wife and baby daugther. How amazing! God then give him a verse from Gospel John saying that he will be save. God has done this in my life before. Giving me a verse 3 years ago and it was a promise. To others, it myabe only a verse for the Isralites, but to me it was alive and real. Today, as promise, it was given to me. Noone supports me then, everyone discourage, but I was sure. I was touched, but I forget about it. The sermon was the time that I realized how much Hope God have put in me too. As Christian, we always knew that we have hope but when trial and tribulations come, we are the one who will fall too! Sermon really remind me of how God gave us hope and at the same time promise. It is not an empty hope but a real and firm one. Be grateful all the time.

The rest of the service is still great! Overall, it was the best Sunday service I have gone to for more than a year! I went it empty expecting just like any another combined service with heaps of activities but to my astonishment, I come out full and filled by the holy Spirit.

Thank God for yesterday! May the Holy Spirit keep filling me and be content of what God have given.

No comments: